Monday, December 7, 2009

I Need Help!

Finally - not easy to use a laptop when being used on, well, the lap. Kept hitting "enter" key. Sorry.

As one writer put it, I was enjoying the "first minute of life" on my morning cup of coffee - one of life's greatest pleasures - looking out the window and watching everyone else going to work in the neighborhood on a Monday morning. As Donna was passing the room I asked her if she could get me some water. As she turned away she smiled to herself - heading to get the water. What does that smile mean? Usually a smile is a good thing. She's probably grateful I've allowed her to assist in my recovery? Brushing up her nursing skills and realizing she's still "got it"? Attempted murder?


She wouldn't answer me, but I've been married long enough to know the smile meant something. What do you think exactly? Nothing bad I'm sure.


You are wondering how I saw her smile with her back turned toward me? Me too. I'm guessing the titanium in my ankle may confer special super hero powers, i.e. Superman! I have a 2pm appointment with the surgeon today and am going to inquire. I wonder if this is when I get a cape. Do you suppose he needed prior approval for the cape and is there a co-pay? Questions, questions.


Would like to know what that smile meant though. What do you think?


And while you're at it - find out why, even though I'm still restricted to the sofa in the front room and a recliner in the living room, I still can't find the remote.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment