Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!!

At this point in my life, I'm not enthusiastic about giving birth to any New Year's resolutions. I can't remember any that proved sucessful when made - many did eventually over a long period of time so maybe that is the real benefit.

Wrapping a wish for changed behavior around a date certain for this particular year would only make me think of my shortcomings more than usual (too much time to do so) and make attainment out of reach.

On the other hand if making resolutions this year is something you like to do and have done - I salute you! I know some of you need it :) If you want to start, drop me a line by email or "comments". You can share. Or if you are stuck on which bad behavior to reform first, I'm sure I can help. Always excelled at pointing out
peoples' shortcomings.

Come to think of it, I guess I may be making at least one for myself now.

If I see something during the year I wish to remember, I've learned that I have to write it down and set it aside for future purusing. The list is short this year (note to self - after writing it down, be sure to remember where it is set aside).

A character from the TV show, House..."Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."

On blackboard in a children's room at church. "Preach the gospel. If necessary use words."

From a forum on a financial website - not attributed:
"A person needs 3 things to find happiness and peace.
-Something worthwhile to keep them busy.
-Someone to love.
-Something to look forward to."

I think happiness involves more. Good place to start though.

No comments:

Post a Comment